More Locks and Lashes Blogs
- The Story of Cosmetics
- Protecting Your Hair and Skin In the Sun
- Straightening with a blow dryer, cleaning brushes, truth about top and base coat
- Powder Pads - do you need to change them?
- Being a Hair Stylist
- Locks and Lashes Fan Mail - Being Successful and SHORT!
- Applying Blush, Coloured Hair Streaks
- False Eyelashes, Bangs or No Bangs
- Hair Bleach | Pimple Cover Up
- Stray Hairs, Waterproof Mascara and Perfume
- Stage Makeup Eye Makeup Winter Hat Head
- Sharing makeup, does makeup cause acne? and hair static
- Eyebrows, Nose Piercings, Hair Dying
- Locks and Lashes: will my hair turn green, makeup and sensitive skin, sunscreen and moisturizer, stage makeup tips
- Hand and Nail Tips
- Natural vs. Festive Makeup
- Beauty Tips - Ask the Experts
- Summer Makeup for Day and Night
- Beauty Tips and Tricks
- Hair Dye Tragedy
November 2007 Blogs
Beauty Tips - Ask the Experts
LOCKS and LASHES, November 2007, by Angela Gina Pirreira, Melissa Villa, Stephanie Senater and Julia Hofer
Ask The Experts
- Use a thermal protector. Misting a product like a leave-in conditioner before flat ironing will prevent split-ends.
- Don’t put your hair up in an elastic when it’s wet, it will cause more split ends. Instead twist your hair into a large clip.
- For dry chapped lips try using a vitamin E lip balm...it works!
- Eyebrows frame your face and help give definition to your look so keep them well groomed and natural looking.
- For tired or puffy eyes use a slice of cucumber or a chamomile tea bag.
- Visit your stylist every 6-8 weeks. Getting a 1/4 inch trim will maintain length and keep hair healthy.
- Try using tea tree oil on your blemishes before bed to zap them away for good!
- Always use sun-screen, even if it’s raining or it’s cloudy. You will have beautiful skin when you are older.
- Tweezing before bed is best so that any redness will disappear overnight!
- For full but natural looking eyelashes use a brown-black mascara rather than black.
- ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS remove your make-up, then cleanse and moisturize your face before bed!
- The best way to apply make-up is to look natural.
- If you have oily skin, instead of applying powder over and over again, use a blotting paper for absorbing the excess oil.
- Don’t line the inside of your eyes. It will only make them appear smaller.
- If you want great looking shimmery lips try applying sparkling eye shadow over the top of your lipstick to create a new shiny shade.
- Cover up blemishes with concealer, then apply powder. Even if you have acne, don’t use foundation.
- Always pat concealer, never rub it in.
Beauty comes from the inside.
Be happy and confident! ;)