More Real Girl Blogs
- Real Girl: Evangeline
- Real Girl: Melanie
- Real Girl: Sara
- Real Girl: Aayat
- Real Girl: Danika
- Real Girl: Sarah
- Real Girl: Brittney
- Real Girl: Mikayla
- Real Girl: Julia
- Real Girl: Poppy
May 2007 Blogs
- Real Girl - Jessica
- Real Girl - Brittney
- Are My Friends Really Friends?
- Discovering you - White
- Life in Africa as a teen of the Masai Tribe
- To Do or Not To Do - the List!
- How Come I'm Not Allowed?
- Can Money Make You Happy?
- We've been DITCHED...for a guy!
- Rugby...for girls?
- Carbs Schmarbs... what's the big deal anyway?
- Career Watch - Construction Manager
- Be Your Own Goddess - Selene
- He Likes Me... I Don't Like Him
- Fashion - Jeans For Any Body
- What's Happening to Our Planet?...and what can we do about it?
- Girls Honouring Outstanding Women
- Ask a Guy - opinion about girls and makeup, acting mean liking a girl, what do guys go for
Real Girl - Jessica
Age: 12 and 3/4 Sign: Virgo Grade: 7th
Favourites: the colour pink, strawberries and raspberries with sour cream and sugar, pop and hip hop music, summertime, my pet hamster Betty and my lab Maggie, I love beads and bling!
Hobbies: I love to dance, I read a lot of mysteries and stories about the past, I’m on a gymnastics team, I do track and field, I love just hanging out with my friends, surfing the net, sleep-overs, watching movies and cooking.
School: My favourite subjects are math, art and language. I’m in the play Annie.
Personality: I think I’m unique. I’m known to be responsible but also fun, funny and always happy. My friends can trust me because I’m understanding, I can keep a secret and being true to my word is really important to me.
Life Challenge: I’m learning that sometimes you have to let stuff go, like friendships, even when you might not want to. It hurts a lot, but I know that sometimes I have to move on.
Proud of: I have so much support in my life from people who believe in me and help me get to my goals. I’m on the honour list at school and I’ve won at track and field.
Future: I want to be a millionaire!
So Jessica: My glasses are so me and sometimes I wear contacts too. Nutrition and learning more about eating well and taking care of my body is a big part of me. I have a reason why I need to be careful and so it helps me find the courage to try new things.
Photography by Adam Merifield