More Real Girl Blogs
- Real Girl: Evangeline
- Real Girl: Melanie
- Real Girl: Sara
- Real Girl: Aayat
- Real Girl: Danika
- Real Girl: Sarah
- Real Girl: Brittney
- Real Girl: Mikayla
- Real Girl: Julia
- Real Girl: Poppy
July 2007 Blogs
- Real Girl - Lauren
- Ophelia, by Lisa Klein
- ECO: Your Choices Count
- Quiz - What's your money style?
- Oh No...BFFs like the same guy!
- Beauty Tips and Tricks
- What Colours Mean - Green
- Quiz - What kind of party organizer are you?
- He Dumped Me and Now I'm So Stressed!!
- Sisters - same genes, just not the same 'jeans'
- Sisters Around The World - Egypt
- Ask A Guy - asking girls to dance, what girl like about guys, ask girls a question, about guys thatgirls don't get
- Want to have a toned body? It's not about eating less...
- Be Your Own Goddess - Ganga
- Girlfriends - What you say is what you are
- Career Watch - The Life of a Copy Writer
- Shhh... Money Makes the World Go Around
- SLEEP, why is it such a struggle for some people?
- Summer Makeup for Day and Night
- Inspirational Girls and Women - Lorene Hatelt
Real Girl - Lauren
Age: 15 Grade: 10th Sign: Leo
Favourites: Wakeboarding is definitely my favourite thing to do. I love the summer, the colour green, Greek food, and music is very important to me – my fave is The Arcade Fire. I love my friends, playing school sports, shopping with select best friends, family get-togethers and bbqs, the TV shows House and America’s Next Top Model.
Hobbies: Sports, snow and wakeboarding, yoga and going to the gym.
School & Stuff: My favourite subjects were Biology and Computer Art courses like Media Arts. I was on Link Crew which is a leadership club at school and I was on the Honour Roll. I don’t LOVE school but I really enjoyed grade 10…I think I had a good balance this past year.
Personality: I would say I’m pretty laid back. My friends may say I’m loyal and funny. I’m definitely an outgoing person. I’m confident, a bit loud and not afraid to speak up. I’m always willing to listen to my friends, give advice when they need it, and be loyal and trustworthy. I really like to have a lot of fun.
Life Challenge: A friend of mine unexpectedly passed away and it took quite a toll on me and my friends. It showed me how easily someone you care about can just ‘be gone’. It helped me to have more respect for other kids around me and make an effort to treat people nicely. Another challenge is when I have sports competitions. It’s the only time I really stress myself out and get nervous. There are so many other girls there and it can be pretty intimidating. Once I’m doing it it’s fine, but the build up is tough.
Proud of: I’m proud of the way I don’t get caught up in a lot of drama at school. The group of friends I hang out with don’t badmouth others and aren’t into being catty or gossipy. I have a great mix of guy and girlfriends.
So Lauren: Wakeboarding, sunglasses, never answering my phone, sleeping with a dream catcher, staying up really late on weekends watching TV series on DVD then sleeping in the next day, going out for dinner with my friends when we an afford it – is so me!
Cool Fact about Lauren: I spend my whole summer at the cottage, I’m an only child, and I get along great with my Mom. We have the same sense of humour and we understand each other.
Future: I want to travel to California to learn to surf, and I have plans to go to University so that some day I can work on the business side of the music industry.
Photographed by Shelbie Vermette
Hair by Daniela Suppa
Make up by Melodie Fralick