More Body Image & Eating Disorders Blogs
- Who's Looking Back at YOU in the Mirror?
- Speak out on Gratitude
- Body Image - Speak Out On the MEDIA
- Speak Out on Body Image
- Secret Dieting - What if your period stops?
- When Joking Isn't Funny
- My Legs Are TOO SHORT
- Junk Food Makes Me Feel GUILTY!
- Winning Against an Eating Disorder - true story
- We hate being JUDGED, ...but do WE do it too?
- HELP! My Friend thinks she is FAT!
- Just Tired and Sad? Or is it Depression?
- Do I look FAT today?
- Body Image + Eating Disorders - It hurts the whole family...
- Dealing with Being Teased
- Is losing weight the answer?
- I Want to Be Pretty Too
May 2010 Blogs
- Real Girl: Jen
- Volleyball - bump... set... SPIKE!
- Allergies - What's behind the watery eyes and runny nose?
- It's Demanding to be PERFECT!
- Speak out on Gratitude
- Til DEBT Do Us Part
- Indulge in delicious, decadent chocolate... that is FAIR for everyone!
- The Mo(u)rning Letters, Chapter 1
- VIDEO: Justin Nozuka
Speak out on Gratitude
BODY IMAGE AND EATING DISORDERS, May 2010, by Jen Charbonneau
SPEAK OUT ON:
Don’t you find that most days it’s really easy to find things in your life that aren’t going well? We could probably list pages of things in our lives that we wish were different. Recently, I took the advice of an author and listed 100 things in my life I was grateful for. I thought the task might be difficult but as I explored all areas of my life; my family, my relationships, my friends and my business, I found the spaces getting filled up quite quickly. I listed very specific things like hot tea as well as general things like a sunny day and I have to tell you by the end of my list, I was feeling a MAJOR surge of positive energy within my heart.
What if we all stopped for a moment each day and gave life another glance?
Consider these - are your basic needs met? Do you have a home? Food on the table? Clothes to wear? Do you have dreams? Do you have good health? Can you walk, talk, see the beauty that surrounds you? Can you listen to music that stirs your soul or makes you want to get up and dance? Do you have family and friends that love you just because...?
Your Gratitude Affirmations:
Read this every day to affirm gratitude in your life:
“The power of gratitude never fades. When I look at my life I see so much to be grateful for. My gratitude brings me more good things.”
Trust me, you will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. What are you grateful for? Write your comments below! I look forward to reading your comments.