More Dear Diary Blogs
- My Body Isn't Developing Fast Enough!
- It's Demanding to be PERFECT!
- OBSESSED with celebrities!
- Guys, the media?... who's to blame for the way girls behave?
- Trying To Be Better Than BORING
- My Style Vs. My Mom's Style
- How do siblings stop fighting and start getting along?
- Bad Driving
- Feeling Like a LOSER
- What's Wrong With My BFF?
- The Truth about Marijuana
- STOP the Negative Thinking
- Just Tired and Sad? Or is it Depression?
- Figuring Out Your FUTURE!
- Starting your own Diary
- An Awkward Topic
- Sister Squabbles
- Sweating and smelly, what's a girl to do?
- Dealing with Being Teased
- Boys on the Brain!
- Feeling Stuck When Friends Are Changing
- SWEARING: What's the big deal?
- First Kiss, was it a mistake?
- Interview with a Bully
- Death and the Loss of a Loved One
- Interview with a girl who has been bullied
- My parents divorced...and it gets worse!
- Sisters - same genes, just not the same 'jeans'
- Oh No...BFFs like the same guy!
- Sometimes I really DON'T LIKE my Mom!
- I tried smoking. Now how do I say no?
- How Come I'm Not Allowed?
- Are My Friends Really Friends?
March 2010 Blogs
- Real Girl: Rebecca
- Cell Phones and Texting
- Speak Out on Body Image
- OBSESSED with celebrities!
- ASK A GUY - sneakiest thing, fave board game, made you cry, March Break Million $$
- ASK A GIRL - sneakiest thing, fave board game, made you cry, March Break Million $$
- Living Your Truth: Be real, BE YOU!
- Powder Pads - do you need to change them?
- VIDEO: unotron washable keyboards
- BOOK: SKIN, the Bare Facts
OBSESSED with celebrities!
DEAR DIARY, March 2010, by Megan Ryland
I am totally obsessed with Justin Beiber. I didn't know anything about him until Sandra did a review and everyone went crazy. Then I fell in love. It's crazy. There are no real guys like him. How come the stars are so much nicer and cooler than real guys? I should confess that I used to be obsessed with Hannah Montana too. I wished she was my best friend and I wished all the people on the show were my friends. Why can't real people be like them?? What should I do?
Molly, 12, Dutton ON
I think the most important part of your message is “There are no real guys like him.” You’re right, because here’s the thing: Justin Beiber isn’t real. Oh, I know that someone named Justin Beiber exists. However, just like Hannah Montana is a character that is played by Miley Cyrus, Justin Beiber plays a role as a singer. It’s his job. When he’s in public, he needs to be a really cool, really great guy because that’s how singers get popular. Now, in reality, he may be a good guy, but he’s also just like you and me. He is going to sometimes be grumpy, or get mad when his siblings are in his room, or chew with his mouth open, or wear the “wrong” clothes. In fact, I’m pretty confident that sometimes he doesn’t say the right thing. However, just like Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus has a script that tells her what to say, Justin has people who help him figure out what to say to the media and to fans sometimes. They both play characters that are fun to watch, but we don’t really know them. Real people are sometimes in a bad mood or don’t know what to say, but they are also exciting because life isn’t as predictable as a television show. People will surprise you and they’re much better company than characters and celebrities because you can go out for ice cream with them. Reporters don’t storm the sleepovers with the people at your school, so you guys can have a good time without an interruption. There’s benefits to not being famous!
It’s really easy to get caught up with celebrities. They look so good all the time! But that’s their job and when they’re at home relaxing, they’re just like everyone else. So, what do you do? Remember that celebrities are playing a part, they’re not real, and go hang out with your real friends!