More Discovering You Blogs
- Living Your Truth: Be real, BE YOU!
- Fabulous Festive Decorating Ideas ...for the Holidays
- How To Make Your Own Bath Salts
- How To Make Your Own HALLOWEEN BODY GLITTER
- Meditation: For Deep Relaxation
- What do your HANDS say about you?
- Part II: You and Your Dreams
- The RAINBOW That is you!
- What colours mean - Black
- Double, double toil and trouble
- What colours mean - Silver
- What colours mean - Gold
- What Colours Mean: Purple
- What Colours Mean: Blue
- What Colours Mean - Pink
- What colours mean: Red
- What colours mean - Orange
- What Colours Mean - Green
- What Colours Mean - Yellow
- Discovering you - White
- Part I: You and Your DREAMS
July 2007 Blogs
- Real Girl - Lauren
- Ophelia, by Lisa Klein
- ECO: Your Choices Count
- Quiz - What's your money style?
- Oh No...BFFs like the same guy!
- Beauty Tips and Tricks
- What Colours Mean - Green
- Quiz - What kind of party organizer are you?
- He Dumped Me and Now I'm So Stressed!!
- Sisters - same genes, just not the same 'jeans'
- Sisters Around The World - Egypt
- Ask A Guy - asking girls to dance, what girl like about guys, ask girls a question, about guys thatgirls don't get
- Want to have a toned body? It's not about eating less...
- Be Your Own Goddess - Ganga
- Girlfriends - What you say is what you are
- Career Watch - The Life of a Copy Writer
- Shhh... Money Makes the World Go Around
- SLEEP, why is it such a struggle for some people?
- Summer Makeup for Day and Night
- Inspirational Girls and Women - Lorene Hatelt
What Colours Mean - Green
DISCOVERING YOU, July 2007, by Alicja Zajac
The cute new guy has just asked you out and one of your friends is ‘Green with envy’. In fact, she is acting so mean that your BFF is calling her ‘the Green-eyed monster’. Then your little brother dangles a slimy worm in front of your face and eats it! You nearly gag and feel ‘Green around the gills’.
These ‘green expressions’ have been used for many years. Green has many cool qualities and symbols.
In the spring and summertime, all over Canada we see Green in all of its gorgeous shades and tones. The colour of the grass and of the tiny, tender young leaves is a treat for the eyes after a long winter of white and grey. Green is a sign of LIFE, symbolizing rebirth, awakening, health, rejuvenation and the environment. A soothing colour, Green is cool and tends to have a calming, relaxing effect both mentally and physically. Have you ever noticed that if you are really upset over something, you feel much better after a walk under the Green leafy canopy of the woods or a stroll through the emerald grass of a park or meadow? It’s not just getting away or even being out in the fresh air that makes you feel better. It’s also from the effects that the colour Green has on your senses, both consciously and subconsciously. Drink cool water from a Green glass and see how soothing that feels. And, if you are redecorating, a gentle seafoam Green is perfect for a bedroom as it induces the feeling of peace, harmony and restful tranquility.
In your wardrobe pair up Green with blue for a water and woods feel. Green with yellow and black or white creates a sporty look. Try purple with Green for a lively change. For summer-wear, try lime Green with yellow and orange for a yummy, ice-cream look. And remember this: Green is safe. If you aren’t sure what colour to use at any time, use Green!
Green is the colour of the fourth chakra and is associated with the heart. Located at the center of the chest, this chakra deals with higher consciousness and love.
Don’t forget to eat raw Green veggies for good health. Green foods contain the powerful energies of nature for growth.
Most of all, be kind to our Earth. Do your part to keep it Green!
- It’s the national colour of Ireland.
- In Asian colour symbolism, green stands for eternity, family, harmony, health and peace.
- Olive green is used by the military. Hence the term ‘greens’.
- If you have a ‘Green Thumb’ you are great with plants.
- ‘Moving on to greener pastures’ means you are moving on to something new or better.
- A ‘Greenhorn’ is a beginner or a trainee. Hence, ‘he/she is green’.
- Green is a sacred colour to Musilms.
- Green gemstones are used to attract prosperity and wealth.
- Egyptians wore green eyeliner and in Egypt the floors of temples were green.