More Health Blogs
- HEAD LICE - don't let it get you down
- The Story of Cosmetics
- Allergies - What's behind the watery eyes and runny nose?
- MILK! Is it doing your body good?
- Down There
- Trick or Treat
- What is WRONG with me? I JUST CAN'T SLEEP!
- Body Talk Are You Listening?
- Bubble Bubble, Fizz Fizz
- Splish Splash, time for a bath?
- Yummy Lunch Recipe
- What is 'FAD DIET' and do they really work?
- The Truth about Marijuana
- LUNCH What are YOU eating everyday?
- Just Tired and Sad? Or is it Depression?
- An Awkward Topic
- SMILE ...and show off your pearly whites!
- Health: Keeping your BALANCE
- Sweating and smelly, what's a girl to do?
- Smoking - Making the Big Decision
- Understanding Cancer
- Break it down so you don't BREAK DOWN!
- Zzzzzzzzzz... good night = good morning
- Death and the Loss of a Loved One
- WATER are you getting enough?
- Want to have a toned body? It's not about eating less...
- Not all FATS are created equal!
- I tried smoking. Now how do I say no?
- Carbs Schmarbs... what's the big deal anyway?
- Are You Eating Toxins?
April 2009 Blogs
Yummy Lunch Recipe
HEALTH, April 2009, by Joanne Capano
Black Bean and Salsa
This super easy Mexican-inspired pita pocket can be whipped together in less than 5 minutes. Did you know that beans contain many important nutrients and phytochemicals, and when combined with grains, they form a complete protein? A great vegetarian option, this tasty lunch is the perfect combination of fibre, protein, complex carbohydrates and calcium that will surely become one your favourites!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 2 pockets
½ cup cooked black beans (If using canned beans, rinse well under cold running water)
¼ cup prepared salsa (mild, medium or spicy)
2 tablespoons thawed frozen corn kernels
2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
2 whole wheat pita pockets
Combine black beans, salsa and corn kernels. Divide mixture in half and stuff 1/2 into each pita pocket and sprinkle shredded cheese over top of bean.
NOTE: Remaining mixture can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. ENJOY!
Send in your EASY, HEALTHY RECIPE and YOU could be PUBLISHED!