More Focus on Focus Articles
May 2009 Blogs
- Real Girl: Sara
- Let's Talk BRAS
- We hate being JUDGED, ...but do WE do it too?
- Splish Splash, time for a bath?
- Turning a Challenge into a SUCCESS!
- Fencing, en garde!
- Elemental Connections Part 4 of 4: AIR
- Ask a Girl - sneaky thing, change a law, allergies, slang
- Ask a Guy - sneaky thing, change a law, allergies, slang
- Sniff, sniff... bad breath and B.O.
- Focus on HABITS
Focus on HABITS
FOCUS on FOCUS, May 2009, by Shanna Tator
Focus on HABITS
Did you know that your HABITS determine your FUTURE?
Think about this: Your lifetime (life TIME) is made of all your years, days, hours, and minutes on this planet. So, HOW you spend your days, hours and minutes actually shows how you’re spending your LIFE.
This is very cool when you think about it because the possibilities of what you can create for your life are endless. You actually get to design your life every day by choosing WHAT you spend your time doing and not doing.
You know those things you do regularly - sometimes without even thinking about it? Those are your HABITS, and because you spend time on them regularly, they have a big part in designing your life!
There’s a saying: “Successful people have successful habits”. You can see this is true by looking at people you already know.
* Think of the healthiest people you know. They probably spend time each day focused on maintaining healthy habits, like eating healthy and exercising regularly.
* Think of the most successful athletes at your school. They’re probably in the habit of practicing their sport every day to get even better.
Have you ever taken the time to simply NOTICE your own habits? Try it for just one day - you’ll be surprised by all the different things you do on a regular basis.
* Do you start working on your homework early?
* Are you in the habit of turning on the TV as soon as you get home?
* How many hours of TV do you usually watch?
* Do you often think about what’s ‘good’ in life, or do you complain a lot?
* Do you often daydream in class?
* Do you usually talk about positive things with your friends?
* Do you save money for your future?
* Do you check your email every 10 minutes while you’re trying to work?
* Do you look for ways to help other people?
NOTICE your daily habits that make you feel GREAT about yourself and boost your happiness and success - in school and in other areas of your life. Those are the habits you should keep doing.
Also notice the habits that make you feel not-so-great and maybe get in the way of you achieving what you really want. Everyone has at least one (or maybe even 50!) of those habits. Those are the habits you could think about stopping (whenever you’re ready of course… like now?)
Your One Focus Action Step
This is the best part! Having 'One Focus' (at a time) is the easiest way to create MORE of what you want. So, right now, this very second - choose just ONE habit that doesn’t help you achieve what you really want. Got it? Now decide to replace that habit today with one new habit that would make you feel great about yourself! You’ll LOVE what happens when you do this.
The fact is, the more you FOCUS on spending your time doing and creating regular habits that make you feel fantastic and energized, the more awesome the next 85+ years / millions of minutes of your life will be!
Have fun staying focused on your habits!
To your One Focus for Total Success!