Read More Fashion blogs about clothes, accessories, seasons and how to dress for YOUR body type!
December 2009 Blogs
- Real Girl: Leah
- Guys, the media?... who's to blame for the way girls behave?
- Bobsledding - The Extreme Toboggan
- Fabulous Festive Decorating Ideas ...for the Holidays
- Holiday Fashion - What are YOU going to wear?
- Secret Dieting - What if your period stops?
- Applying Blush, Coloured Hair Streaks
- Working Your Way Up
- BATHROOMS - 7 Tips To Get Yours Organized
- Ask a Guy - smells, holiday foods, traditions and memories
- Ask a Girl - smells, holiday foods, traditions and memories
Holiday Fashion - What are YOU going to wear?
FASHION, December 2009, by Nadia Baboo
What are YOU going to wear?
Holiday season is right around the corner! Are you ready? Family get-togethers, school & community parties – what are you going to wear?
Here are a few simple tips to pump up your fall favourites and add some shine this holiday season:
1. Add some sparkle, from your toes to your nose…
• Instead of your regular kicks, try a great pair of patent boots or flats.
• Choose belts with ‘blinged-out’ buckles – either a slim one at the waist around a cozy cardi or a wide one slung around your hips over a long cowl-neck sweater.
• Crystal jewellery will add a little bit of sparkle at the neck or on the ears and bring attention to that beautiful holiday smile!
2. Yule be cool in colour…
• Red is hot, not just for the holidays but for the entire winter season. It’s a strong, confident colour that helps to brighten the complexion and will be sure to attract some attention.
• Purple is staying strong for another season. A rich, royal shade, it’s perfect for parties …try it in velvet or satin fabrics.
3. Get a ‘leg up’ in some fab leggings…
• Find some in bold colours, funky patterns and unexpected textures. They’ll keep you warm and keep you in style. Add them under a simple skirt or dress to add a little 'flava'.
4. Party Purses
• On special occasions, put aside the schoolbags and bulky purses. Opt instead for something sleeker & smaller – just big enough for the essentials - lipgloss, cell phone, etc. Going to a sleepover? Pack your jammies in a fab shiny red bag!
• Be sure it sparkles! You can find some fabulous styles with sequins, crystals and beads. And don’t think neutral. Go for bold - silver, fuschia, emerald, sapphire, ruby! A coloured purse looks awesome with a basic black outfit.
Remember, no matter what you wear this Holiday Season, always finish your look with a warm smile and a joyous heart.
Wishing you the most stylish of seasons!
December 2009 - Partners
See Back Issues
fashion, fuschia, purple, Nadia Baboo, leggings, red, silver, cowl neck, holiday fashion, what are you going to wear, add some sparkle, patent boots, flats, blinged out buckles, cozy cardi, crystal jewellery, yule, winter season, velvet satin, funky patterns, simple skirt, bulky purse, sparkles, sequins, emerald, Sapphire, ruby, holiday season