More Focus on Focus Articles
June 2009 Blogs
Focus on What You WANT
FOCUS on FOCUS, June 2009, by Shanna Tator
Focus on What You
Do you know that most people don’t ever GET what they want simply because they don’t KNOW what they want?
When you don’t know what you want, it’s practically impossible to know what you have to DO to get what you want!
What Do People Want?
Actually, most people are a lot more certain of what they DON’T want and then they wonder why they never end up having what they DO want.
Then there are others who aren’t sure about what they want. They end up spending most of their free time focusing only on what’s going on NOW instead of on what they think will make them happy in the near future.
You, on the other hand, are lucky! If you don’t yet know what you want, then in only a few moments you’ll have a pretty good idea about what you want in MANY areas of your life and you’ll be able to focus on them as much as you want!
So... What do YOU want?
First of all, you have to start asking and answering some personal questions. Here are just a few examples:
1. What would you like MORE of in your life?
2. What are the things you do that make you smile and feel energized!
3. How are you able to help other people NOW? How do you want to GIVE to people & to the world in the future?
4. What type of career do you think you want to have? Who are the people in your life now who can help you explore and learn more about those careers?
5. How much money would you like to earn each year? What are some of the ways you can do that?
6. What are some things you want to learn more about? What topics interest you?
7. What kinds of things do you want to have in 2 years?
8. What type of life do you see for yourself when you’re 25? Where are you (will you be...???) living?
9. What are some of your natural talents? What do other people say you’re good at?
10. What types of people do you want to be surrounded by throughout your life? How can you meet more people like this NOW?
When you answer these questions honestly, you will have a really good idea of what makes you HAPPY and fulfilled in many areas of your life. That’s a pretty great place to start!
So, once you have a better idea of what you want, how can you make it happen?
Taking just 5 minutes, RIGHT NOW, you can make your life even MORE awesome and start to GET what you want!
It all starts with your ONE BIG 'WHAT' and ONE BIG 'WHY'.
Your One Focus Action Step
How you will get what you want? Grab a pen...
1. Simply take 15 seconds to think about ONE BIG 'WHAT' (...what is 1 thing you know you REALLY really want in the future when you ask yourself “WHAT do I want?”) Is it a thing? Is it something you want to DO? Name it! You can use your above answers to give you an idea. Ready? 15 seconds ...Go!?
2. Ok, now think about and write down your ONE BIG 'WHY' (Why do you want it? What is the reason?) This is the MOST important part, and it may take another 45 seconds. Ready? ...Go! Here’s the thing: If your WHY is big enough, you’ll almost always achieve your big WHAT because you’ll always be personally motivated to take the actions you want to take!
3. Next, for 2 minutes close your eyes and imagine yourself having your BIG 'WHAT', using it, BEING it. Ready? 2 minutes ...Go! Hmmmmmmm….
4. Now write down 5 - 10 very very small, teeny tiny, simple and DO-ABLE ACTIONS that you can start doing in order to have/be this.
5. Think about and write down 2 names of other people who can teach you or help you achieve this.
Amazing Person 1 __________________________
Amazing Person 2 __________________________
6. Ask yourself: What’s the 1 small thing I can do TODAY? Smile and DO IT! (...like NOW maybe?)
7. Every single day, do 1 very small action-step and watch what happens over time. You can make a checklist for every day to keep track of your actions!
Remember: It’s always about WHAT actions you DO (and what you DON'T DO) on a daily basis that determine what you’ll end up with!
Have the MOST AMAZING time getting everything you want!
To your One Focus for Total Success!