More Organization Blogs
- Crafty Spaces
- Purse Purge and Backpack Attack
- Organization for Book Worms
- 5 Minute Fixes for Bedroom Bliss
- BATHROOMS - 7 Tips To Get Yours Organized
- Broke and Messy!
- Messy Family?
- Summer Planning
- Studying...it can be easy! 7 Tips
- Say Cheese! ...now what?
- New Year's Resolutions
- ORGANIZED SHOPPING - 3 STEPS to Your Perfect Wardrobe!
- Get in THE ZONE, zoning your bedroom!
- Spring Cleaning
- How is Your PURSE Like your Mind?
- Tidy Tips for Cleaning Your Room
- Be QUEEN of Your Domain, at school.
- Quiz - What kind of party organizer are you?
- Junk Drawer Syndrome! clear the clutter
- To Do or Not To Do - the List!
- Manage Your Time to Include YOU
March 2008 Blogs
- Real Girl - Krista
- Understanding Cancer
- How is Your PURSE Like your Mind?
- SAPPHO: The Poetess of Greece
- Hey Big Spender
- Ask A Guy - best quality, 1 million dollars, daydreams, fave sport
- Facing Fears - a real life story
- Bored? What to do this March Break
- Going Shopping, it's all about the packaging!
- BFF Today... Dissed Tomorrow!
How is Your PURSE Like your Mind?
ORGANIZATION, March 2008, by Jenifer Merifield
like your mind?
It’s like your mind because if your purse is a mess, chances are you’re frazzled in your mind too.
Is this you?: You get up on Saturday and the phone rings; it’s your BFF and she wants to go to the mall - woohoo shopping! - but her Dad can only drive you RIGHT NOW. So you’ve got 10 minutes to get ready - Panic - and you race around getting dressed, calling out orders for other family members to help you find your favourite shirt, your other shoe, your wallet... you grab your purse and start chucking things in it as you hear the doorbell ring. You get into the car - Huffing and Puffing - and when your BFF asks to borrow your new lip gloss you have to dig past the brush, the mirror, the wallet, the earrings you wore last week, the crumpled receipts from your last shopping trip, the pen with a missing cap, the old lip gloss that is sticky because it didn’t get closed all the way, the orange your mother wanted you to eat... and so on. Not to mention you are trying to remember whether or not you brought your house key and your cash! WHEW!
Not to worry, if that sounds at all like you, you’re not alone! MOST people are closer to that example than to this one coming up... it starts off exactly the same, but read on: You get up on Saturday and the phone rings. It’s your BFF and she wants to go to the mall - WOHOO SHOPPING! - but her Dad can only drive you RIGHT NOW. So you’ve got 10 minutes to get ready. Here’s where it changes... You open your closet and grab your favourite shirt hanging where you left it. You grab your purse and sit to eat an orange with your mom while you put on your shoes and show her your new lip gloss that is tucked neatly in the zippy part of your purse. She asks you if you have enough money and you open your wallet to check. Your receipts are in one compartment and cash in another - major organization here! You see that your key is where it always is in there on a key ring and you relax - imagine that - while waiting for the doorbell to ring. BIG DIFF HUH? While most people are rarely THAT organized, it IS possible.
So in scenario A, her purse was a mess and while she raced to get it in order, her mind was a frazzled mess too! In scenario B, since she knew where everything was, her purse was in order and her mind was calm and relaxed.
Like I always say... put stuff where it belongs AS SOON AS YOU ARE FINISHED WITH IT. Try this: some time when you are feeling frustrated or anxious, try tidying up your living space - YOUR ROOM, YOUR PURSE, YOUR LOCKER - it just might make you feel calmer and more in control. Now go take a peek into your purse. Feeling a little FRAZZLED???